Symptoms: earpiece speaker sounds crackly. May sound OK at lower volumes but at higher volumes crackles and distorts.
- remove battery cover;
- remove battery;
- remove two screws from back of phone;
- remove 7 screws from around side of phone;
- gently pry cases apart starting at one corner using suitable plastic tool or fingernail;
- motherboard needs to removed. Remove two connectors from motherboard;
- with motherboard removed you can now see the earpiece speaker module. It is held in place with some double sided sticky tape. Gently pry it up and replace with new speaker;
- reverse dis assembly process.