FAQs - Cycle touring and bushwalking
Lightweight breathable waterproof (or resistant) fabrics
I've been looking for some lightweight breathable waterproof (or resistant) fabrics for some lightweight projects I've got in mind. Here are some I've come across:
I've also come across a few sources of down:
Synthetic insulation is also available from ThruHiker in the form of both Primaloft Sport and Climashield APEX.
If you're interested in how these synthetic insulations compare to down the take a look at this thread and this thread on BackpackingLight.
Misc DIY sources
- Arrow Head Equipment - line locks, mitten hooks, Gutterman polyester thread, omintape;
- DIY Gear Supply - zipper supplies, alu Y-stakes, line locks, mitten hooks, Gutterman polyester thread, Ripstop nylon seconds (cheap), silnylon 1sts ;
- Quest Outfitters - variety of outdoor fabrics, zipper and tent pole making supplies;
- Outdoor Wilderness Fabrics - outdoor fabrics;
- Kits and Fun Things - carbon tubes;
- BearPaw Wilderness Designs - cuben fiber in 0.52, 0.75 and 1.25 ounce/sq. yard
- Lawson Outdoor Equipment - cuben fiber, line locks