Quick facts for this version
- 100mm drop;
- 31.6mm diameter;
- cable remote version;
- post by itself weighs 569g.
The post came without any installation guide or user manual. XFusion have an online video showing how to install it, but things are pretty straightforward:
- start by installing the remote lever on your bars;
- insert cable into remote lever;
- use the provided cable elbow to route cable from back of lever to a direction along the bars;
- route cable with suitable housing to the post;
- screw adjuster into underside of post head;
- use spring and inner plastic guide to route cable over the top of the post;
- secure cable with grub screw in lever;
- cut cable and neaten things up.
For this particular install I was able to use the internal routing on this frame for the front derailleur to get the dropper seatpost cable to the back of the top tube. This resulted in a pretty neat setup. Even though the frame did not come with cable mounts for a dropper, the install was neat and tidy.