Is Garbaruk's 11 speed 11 to 48 (or 50) a viable alternative to SRAM Eagle 12 speed?
- Gearing range: 11 to 48 tooth = 436%
- Weight: 308g
- Construction: cogs 11 to 42 are cncmachined from a single block of steel. 48t cog is made from aluminium.
- Compatible with regular Shimano freehub;
- Larger cogs than SRAM 10-42 xD cluster should result in longer lifespan and greater efficency in smaller cogs at similar weight.
- Similar price to X01 cassettes
- More expensive than Shimano XTR and a lot more expensive than Shimano XT (although much lighter than XT)
- Less overall range than SRAM Eagle (500% v's 436%);