This is basically the complete opposite of the current 1x movement (single chain ring up front).
- 1x10 with 28t front and 11-36t XT rear cassette;
- gear range is 20 to 66 gear inches (with 26" wheels);
- weight of setup is 28t chainring + 11-36XT cassette = 35 + 343 = 378g
- 2x10 with 22t/32t and 11-32 XT rear cassette;
- gear range is 18 to 85 gear inches (with 26" wheels);
- weight of setup is: 22t chainring + 32t chainring + front shifter + front derailleur + cables + cassette =28g + 42g + 110g + 82g + 20g + 268g = 550g (added weight = 172g).
- XTR 11 speed cassette - 329g, so you get the extra 40t lower gear (down to 18 gear inches) and save 14g but with the need for an expensive cassette (~AUD$300) or use an XT 11--40t cassette (411g) and add around 68g.
- 2x9: 9 speed cassettes are lighter.
- praxis works 11-40t 10 speed cassette;